Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Elton John.

Yesterday it was Brian's birthday and we went to see Elton John in the evening and stayed at the Holiday Inn out at Burswood. Elton was fantastic . He started off with "Funeral for a Friend-Love Lies Bleeding" and immediately took me back more years than I cared to. Funny how music will do that? It was a good night and everyone enjoyed themselves. Elton played lots of favourites and when he played "I'm still Standing" the place erupted and people were up and dancing. One special touch was when he stopped to shake hands, sign programs and some people's t-shirts. He gets extra, extra cool points for that one 'cos you dont see it happening too much these days. He ended the night with" Your Song". Just Perfect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will NEVER forget Elton changing the lyrics to "Candle in the Wind" for the services for Lady Diana.I think I still have it on video somewhere...he played and sang his heart out there in the church.
I think he called it"Good-bye Englands Rose".
I just had to pop in to say hello and see what you are up to!
Also there is a post on pH giving you credit for a wonderful title you mentioned concerning an old house..Please see "House of the Saw".