Sunday, August 13, 2006

Washing Machine Fool.

Over the last few weeks I have been collecting ringpulls from drink cans to make a belt that I saw on a jewellery making show. On Thursday my washing machine w ould'nt work properly and on the front of my machine there is a little thingy that you can undo and see if there is anything that has come through the wash and gotten stuck and therefore rendered your machine unusable. So I open this ...not easily you mind....flood my laundry floor with water and then discover...guess what?... a ringpull floating amongst said water. Ok. On the weekend before I think I can remember putting a ringpull in my jeans pocket....Oh-Oh...So I put the washing machine thingy back in and try again to do a load of laundry. It still wont work...and again I flood my laundry floor looking in the thingy. I cant find the culprit so I ring my appliance guy, Shane from Ace High, who has fixed things for us for about 15 years or so. It has been a while since I last used him so I wonder if he is still doing the same work. I am in luck. He is. He makes a time to come out the next day and thats fine. He arrives and goes straight for the thingy, sticks a screwdriver in there and wiggles it about and out comes two more ringpulls......How embarrasing....So I tell him the story and he laughs and says that maybe I should check my pockets in future. I think either that or dont put the things in my pocket in the first place....What do you reckon?

No comments: